جمل المعيشة الأساسية

Basic Survival Sentences

I want__(something) .


 
I want a pizza.
 
I want a job.
 
I want an aspirin.
 
I want a new car.
 
I want a drink.
 
I want an orange.
 
I want some change.
 
I want a room.
 
I want the newspaper.
 
I want some water.
 
I want some gas.
 
I want the telephone.

Notice the Articles- A, AN, THE - and the adjective SOME. They all point out nouns.

  • A is used before words that begin with a consonant sound. It refers to any one of a group of things. "A pizza" means one of the pizzas in the shop: not a particular one.

  • AN is used before words that begin with a vowel sound. It also refers to any one of a group of things. "An aspirin" means one of the aspirins in the bottle or medicine cabinet, but no special one.

  • THE refers to a particular something: "I want the newspaper." usually means today's newspaper or the most recent one. It could also mean the only newspaper in the room or the one on the table.

  • SOME means an indefinite amount of the noun it refers to. "some water" could mean a glass of water, half a glass of water, or a bucket of water. The exact meaning would be different in different situations.
I need (something) .


 
I need a drink.
 
I need a job.
 
I need a new car.
 
I need a hug.
 
I need an aspirin.
 
I need an umbrella.
 
I need an overcoat.
 
I need an envelope.
 
I need some gas.
 
I need some change.
 
I need some milk.
 
I need some help.
 
I need the screwdriver.
 
I need the phone book.
 
I need the newspaper.
 
I need the answer.

I have (something) .


 
I have a headache.
 
I have a toothache.
 
I have a stomach ache.
 
I have the newspaper.
 
I have the time.
 
I have two sisters.
 
I have an apartment.
 
I have a good job.
 
I have an idea.
 
I have an apple.
 
I have some coffee.
 
I have some friends.

In theplace of the articles (A, AN, THE), you can often use numbers or amountwords: "I have a lot of time." "I have littletime." "I have a cup of coffee." "I have twofriends." "I need 5 gallons of gas." "I needthree envelopes." "I want two aspirins."


I want to (+ verb) + . This form talks about an action I desire to take but is notnecessary.


 
I want to go home.
 
I want to stay home.
 
I want to work.
 
I want to sleep.
 
I want to drive.
 
I want to write a letter.
 
I want to change shoes.
 
I want to help.

I needto (+ verb) + . This form is used for an action that isnecessary or important to take.


 
I need to sleep.
 
I need to exercise.
 
I need to wake up.
 
I need to buy milk.
 
I need to go shopping.
 
I need to study.
 
I need to pay bills.
 
I need to drive slowly.

I haveto (+ verb) + . This form is to talk about an action I amobligated to do - very important.


 
I have to rest.
 
I have to work.
 
I have to eat.
 
I have to visit Mother.
 
I have to take a test.
 
I have to pay my rent.
 
I have to fix my car.
 
I have to finish this job.

Exercise A: Complete the following sentences with I want, I need, or Ihave.


 
1. ____________ some cherry pie.
 
4. _____________ a lawyer.
 
7. ____________ an ice cream cone.
 
2. _____________ new tires for my car.
 
5. _____________ film for my camera.
 
8. ____________ a wife and two kids.
 
3. ____________ some cold medicine.
 
6. ____________ too many bills.
 
9. ____________ a vacation.

Exercise B: Completethe following sentences with I want, I have, I need.


 
1. ___________ to go swimming.
 
4. ___________ to polish my shoes.
 
7. ___________ to mow the grass.
 
2. ___________ to buy groceries.
 
5. ___________ to watch a movie.
 
8. ___________ to play basketball.
 
3. ___________ to attend school.
 
6. ___________ to pay my taxes.
 
9. ___________ to learn English.


Answers toExercises:

Exercise A: Theseare the best answers, but other choices may be correct.


 
1. I want (have) some cherry pie.
 
4. I need (want) (have) a lawyer.
 
7. I want an ice cream cone.
 
2. I need (have) (want) some new tires for my car.
 
5. I need (want) (have) film for my camera.
 
8. I have (want) a wife and two kids.
 
3. I need (have) (want) some cold medicine.
 
6. I have too many bills.
 
9. I need (want) a vacation.

Exercise B: The bestanswers are first. Other answers may be OK.


 
1. I want to go swimming.
 
4. I have (want) (need) to polish my shoes.
 
7. I have (need) (want) to mow the grass.
 
2. I need (have) (want) to buy groceries.
 
5. I want to watch a movie.
 
8. I want to play basketball.
 
3. I have (want) to attend school.
 
6. I have to pay my taxes.
 
9. I need (want) to learn English.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

المواضيع المشابهة

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...